It was good to reread my previous post tonight, the one about this being an experiment. As the week has worn on I had forgotten that this was a 6 month experiment and faced (with great animosity) the prospect of reliving today for the rest of my life…or at least for the next several years. It felt a little bleak, to be honest.
In an effort to better understand "growth mindset" I looked to one of the leading researchers in this arena, Carol Dweck. In her book, "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success" I've been learning about how effective leaders in business, education and sports rely on this belief that we can learn and grow into better selves. Her book is researched based and I'm drinking the "growth mindset" kool-aid. I haven't yet gotten to the chapter on how to create a growth mindset but am anxious to figure out exactly how to put these ideas into practice. Very excited.
This has been a rough week. For no particular reason. Maybe it's the gloomy, cold weather, maybe it's the overwhelming amount of projects we have going on in almost every room, maybe it's the fact that I don't feel like anyone appreciates (or even notices) what I do. I don't know. I just know that it's been a tough week.
No comments:
Post a Comment